The Faculty offers Master of Philosophy (MPhil) and 3-year and 4-year Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) research degree programmes in both full-time and part-time study modes.
The application deadlines are:
For admission in the academic year 2017/18:
|Main Round:||December 1, 2016|
|First Clearing Round:||April 30, 2017|
|Second Clearing Round:||August 31, 2017|
Applications should be submitted to the Graduate School via the Online Application System. Applicants for admission to the full-time MPhil and PhD programmes can also apply for University Postgraduate Fellowship and Postgraduate Scholarship, currently valued at HK$70,000 (in total) and HK$15,700 per month respectively.
For Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme Applicants:
Applicants who wish to apply for Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) through HKU must quote the reference no. allocated by the Research Grants Council (RGC). Before submitting full application to the University, applicants should file an initial application to the RGC via the HKPFS electronic system to obtain a reference no. on or before December 1, 2016 (HKT 12:00 noon). They will be asked to quote the HKPFS reference no. in making their applications for admission to the University via the Online Application System.
We offer supervision in a wide range of areas of study. Please follow the links below for details of the main areas:
- School of Chinese
- School of English
- School of Humanities
- School of Modern Languages & Cultures
- Centre for Applied English Studies
- Centre of Buddhist Studies
- Centre for the Humanities and Medicine
- Graduate School's Guide to Application
- Graduate School's Online Application System
- Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme
- Frequently Asked Questions
Joint PhD Programme
- The University of Hong Kong (HKU) and King’s College London (KCL) Joint PhD Programme
- Further Information