Vision & Mission
The Faculty of Arts, as an internationally renowned and leading humanities faculty, strives to attract and nurture outstanding scholars and students from around the world through excellence and innovation in teaching and learning, research, and knowledge exchange. As one of the flagship faculties of the University, the Faculty of Arts contributes to the advancement of knowledge about the arts and to the betterment of society. It nurtures leaders who are committed to making significant contributions to the development of Hong Kong, the region, and the world at large.
The mission of the Arts Faculty is to fulfill its vision in six ways:
- Building upon its traditional strengths while pushing the boundaries of liberal arts scholarship.
- Engaging in innovative, high-impact, and leading-edge research within and across the humanities and other disciplines.
- Developing a collegial, flexible, and pluralistic intellectual environment for its staff and students that fosters creativity and enables freedom of thought and expression.
- Producing graduates with highly developed analytical, linguistic, critical and creative skills, for leadership and success in their professional and life endeavours.
- Providing a comprehensive humanistic and liberal research environment for its staff and students and lifelong learning opportunities for the Hong Kong community.
- Serving as an international gateway and forum for humanistic scholarship between China and the rest of the world.