6066 Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Education in Language Education - English
5-Year Double Degree Programme
BA&BED(LangEd)-Eng has been jointly offered by the Faculty of Arts and Faculty of Education since 2005. This 5-year double degree integrates specialist studies in English language and linguistics and professional studies in English language education. The programme combines rigorous academic study with experiential learning and practical application. Graduates of the BA&BED(LangEd)-Eng are fully qualified to teach English as a Second Language in primary and secondary schools, both locally and internationally.
- Students will develop in-depth knowledge of English language and linguistics, literature, communication and language acquisition and will critically explore issues in language education and develop personal strengths and commitment to education.
- The programme offers two degrees in one. It is equivalent to a BA plus a Postgraduate Diploma in Education, a professional teaching qualification recognized in Hong Kong schools and internationally. BA&BED(LangEd)-Eng meets government requirements for English teachers:
- First degree majoring in English
- Teacher training qualification in English language teaching
- Benchmark English language proficiency
- Students may take a range of elective courses within the Faculty of Education or in other Faculties, and may combine elective courses to declare a minor subject.
- Students will participate in an Immersion programme overseas to increase global awareness, enhance language proficiency and enrich professional development.
Information on Programme and Admissions
|Non-JUPAS Admissions Scheme|
|Information on the Scholarship for Prospective English Teachers (2017/18) set up by the Education Bureau, HKSAR (applications will open in August 2017)|